Meta tags are tags, which are embedded in the HTML code of a page, You should insert the META tag element at the top of your document, just after the “title” element.
The basic syntax for Meta Tags is:
- Write it in sentence structure.
- Should be relevant to the similar 25-30 word (under 150 characters) description of the first text within the visible page.
- Do not repeat your keywords more than 3 times in description tag. If you need, make alternatives (e.g. ‘prescription’ and ‘prescriptions’ can be used 3 times each).
- Minimize the use of “stop words” such as “and, the, of”.
- Keyword phrases that appear earliest in the Meta description will generally receive higher ranking value.
- Try to include this tag in all pages by describing the content and it should be unique.
- Don’t load your Meta description with only keywords.
- Strive for 6%-20% keyword density.
- Use different Meta description tag for each pages.
Tips on Meta Keywords Tag
- Keep 100 to 250 characters to get better results.
- Start with the most important and then proceed to less important.
- Use keywords/Phrases
- Do not repeat any word more than 3 times.
- Do not place repeated keywords close together.
- If your site has content of interest to a specific geographic location be sure to include the actual location in your keyword Meta.
- Use keywords that are actually on the page and reflect the essence of your content.
- Try to use keywords in your Meta keywords tag with comma, not by space.
- Try to use small case in keyword/phrases
(eg: replace the keyword phrase – “Website Design” with “website design”)
- Strive for 4%-10% keyword density.
For any query please fill the form in the right or call me at +91 9654-64-7969 or mail me at email@example.com