Website Body Text Optimization
Contents are the key to success in Search Engine Rankings! So its most important to tweak the content of the website so that Search Engine Spiders can count them for rankings.
Following are some Tips to Optimize the Body Text of your Website:
- Keyword prominence: Make sure to put the most important keywords into a carefully crafted paragraph at the beginning of your HTML page. Prominence is how close to the start of the area that the keyword appears. In general, a keyword that appears closer to the top of the page or area will be more relevant.
- Keyword Density: If the page contains less than 500 words, keeping 1%-3% of those words is better. If the page contains more than 500 words, keep 3%-5% of the overall content.
- Try to provide a minimum word count of 250 and a maximum of 750 words on each page.
- Use CSS instead of “font” tags.
- Get rid of the java script in the code and put it in an external file.
- Use heading tags:
Most search engines dictates the h1, h2, h3 tags and if you are using these, the text in between this tags must be more important.
- Repeat the page “title” in a heading at the top of the page if possible. in a heading at the top of the page if possible.
- Keyword proximity: It refers to the closeness between two or more keywords. Always try to group words together that might be searched on as a single phrase by a user.
- (eg: Use “home loans” instead of “home mortgage loans” assuming that a user searching only for the phrase “home loans”.)
- Place some important keywords in Bold or Italic.
- Use ‘Alt‘ tag to describe the image.
ALT tag defines the text to display for a image if the user has graphics turned off, or if they put the cursor over it in Internet Explorer. Some search engines including google will look for keywords in the ALT tags.
- Insert comments tag in your page, it is hidden and not visible to the user. A couple of search engines will read this text, so you may wish to include keywords in these tags.
- Make sure the code of home page is not bigger than 32K
- Try to keep font size to a minimum of size 11px or 12px (2 or 3 in DreamWeaver)
- Try to avoid using nested loops in “table” structure because its hard for the search engines to read the Tables.
- Use W3C technologies and guidelines.
- Try to target two or three main keywords for a website.
- Avoid listing the same word multiple times in a row.
- Update your body text at regular intervals.
(Many of the major search engines prefer to give importance to websites, which updated its contents at regular intervals.)
For any query please fill the form in the right or call me at +91 9654-64-7969 or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org