Recently some ex-Google’s confirmed that Google currently uses a small fraction of social media presence (1%) for search engine rankings. Bing has also confirmed the same that it uses social signal in rankings.
Below is a very interesting video that will tell the complete story:
- Build a Strong Social profile specifically on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc..
- Avoid fake profiles and likes
- Post regular updates atleast at weekly frequency
- Increase fan and followers
- Avoid multiple profiles for the same website
- Think about generating traffic while posting a blog rather than search engine rankings